Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Feel Like Bustin' Loose, Bustin' Loose!




(Oops, this was August 4th, forgot to post the next day)

Wow! Last night I went to the 2012 Summer Spirit Festival. As always I was energized by the show! I swear that drum beats are better than any medicine or therapy I could find. I barely sat down all night! As always Common's set was HOT! Not only has he maintained his "Terminator" physique, his lyrical abilities n. Hailing from the South Side of Chicago, mother's birthplace Common is one of the greatest in my book. I was thrust back into the feelings I experienced when I first fell in love with Hip Hop. I remember getting goose bumps the first time I heard the last line in " I Used to Love H.E.R". I remember singing " Come Close"with my eyes closed over and over,  and Jade and I dancing as hard as we could in the living room to Universal Mind Control."

Erykah, Erykah, Erykah...what can I say? She is very...unique. This sista's voice still gives me goosebumps! Its was an immensely gratifying experience to see her live and sing along to every song! I had forgotten how much I have really listened to her over the years. Songs like, "On and On", "Next Lifetime", "Didn't You Know".

Such a great show!




No comments:

Post a Comment